This is another great perspective! If the pupper is small and you have a wider angle lens (I use my Sigma 35 1.4) you can just look down when they are close to your feet and get them to look up at you with lovey dovey eyes and big smiles (having a treat in your hand always helps!)
Here are a few tips to make your photos pop!
- Look for interesting textures on the ground. Long grass, wood, stone and leaves all of these look great, especially if you use a wide aperture so the background is blurry (I usually use f/1.8 or f/2.8 for these)
- If the pup is a medium to large size, stand up on a rock or table to get extra height (just be careful!)
- Focus on the eyes! Those big, beautiful, soulful eyes that will be looking up at you and into your heart!
- Have a treat and hold it right above the lens of the camera. Also you can have their person stand behind you and get their attention over your shoulder.
- Pose with a friend! Photos like these are great for multiple pups. If you all stand around the camera with lots of treats, they’ll want to be a part of the party!
- Last but not least, have a laugh! You can usually get great smiles these types of photos!
Have a great day!!!